Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dragon Age: Origins vs Red Dead Redemption (PS3)?

I'm not sure which game to get, I've heard great things about both and I have the opportunity to get one of these tomorrow. I have other options such as Bioshock but I want these games to last me for a long time, I need a break from Battlefield Bad Company 2, and I want to play this and enjoy it, then go back to Bad Company 2 until November where I will be getting LBP 2, Infamous 2, and Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Out of these two I'm not sure which one to get.



Dragon Age: Origins: it's an RPG so it's long lasting, I like the style of gameplay and I like choosing. I like a deep and involving story. Some people say that it is 70% cutscenes which is a lot. I want to have some fun with the combat and just plain level up too. I played MGS4 and I didn't mind the cutscenes there, does this have less or more cutscenes than MGS4? I will probably play as much side quests as possible, and enjoy it, do the side quests get repetitive? Otherwise this seems interesting and this is my very first console RPG (other than fallout 3 but I didn't like that mainly for the environment, I'm not into the apocalyptic setting or story of the game, too boring IMO). But I hear it's like Guild Wars and I enjoyed Guild Wars on PC. (And no don't say get it for PC because I can't, my PC isn't good enough).





Red Dead Redemption: This also seems interesting. This is in the Wild-West, I love playing games that are set in the past and show the culture of the setting it's in (like Assassin's Creed 2, I REALLY enjoyed that game). Although it seems action-packed and fun, I need this to last me for a few months, not just a 20 hour game. I will be doing all side quests like in DA:O. Oh and I'm not too interested in the multiplayer, I will try it for a few hours but I can't see myself liking it too much. Plus I only have 1 friend who has played the game and doesn't play it anymore, he might play with me but not too long. I played GTA: SA and liked it for the first few hours, then it got boring. I like the environment, the action, horse-riding, etc.





Basically which one of these games will be lots of fun, last me a long time, and will be something that will blow my mind. Honestly I'm looking a bit into Red Dead Redemption but I know that I will be done with that game mid-August at most. If it could last me throughout the summer then I might be able to get the Sly Cooper Collection in September but I doubt it will last me that long. So which one is the better choice? Oh and please only answer if you've played both.Dragon Age: Origins vs Red Dead Redemption (PS3)?
well i've only been on da:o but was gna buy rdr on monday or tuesday this week i think?

Anyway, finished DA;O sometime earlier this week, and wow.. just wow, this is an AMAZING rpg , and I cried nearly LOL. I would defo get this game, and the price is fantastic. I can litrally be glued to this game, and I started a new game on it today actually, and i've been glued to it AGAIN since 10am.



Anyways, I've never actually tried RDR as I said, but I heard at the end it's quite sad.



I really do suggest buying DA:O though, because it's a soft game, with lots of sad moments, humour (and the conversations between the characters + voicing is fantastic)



RDR doesn't really do me, its got too much violence in it really, and DA:O is a good, action-ish game with out the "frustration"



You can save it at any time you like, which personally i think is a +++



Depends though, which ever floats your boat.



Oh and um, with DA:O, you can create your own character, which will give you even more reason to play the game again and again.



HAVE FUN NOW!!Dragon Age: Origins vs Red Dead Redemption (PS3)?
Um I would pick Red Dead Redemption ive played both games and beat both campaign and with Red Dead Redemption you can still play online and free-roam but with Dragon Age Origins once you beat you cant do anythingDragon Age: Origins vs Red Dead Redemption (PS3)?
get red dead redemtion its awesome
With Dragon Age you can replay it a couple of different times as different builds but like any RPGs it can get old as the story is essentially the same. To answer your cutscene question, Dragon Age's cutscenes aren't that long and can be skipped so it's not really a problem.



Yes could say Red Dead is GTA in the old west but it still a lot of fun despite some of the missions not being very fun. Sure you may not be interested in Multiplayer but it's free and always a option.



So in the end just get Red Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment