Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Can my PC run Battlefield Bad Company 2?

Battlfield 1942, 2, and special forces were my favorite multiplayer shooters ever. Way better than the call of duties in my opinion. I really want to play the new one, but I'm not sure if my 3 year old laptop can handle it....



My Laptop Rig:

Asus G1S (almost 3 years old, but in great shape)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz

3 GB RAM (I upgraded from 2GB)

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 32-bit

NVIDIA GEFORCE GO 7700 (considered a class 3 video card by notebookcheck.net)

160 GB hard drive



I went to http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx to find out, and they said only my Video Card falls short. Before I got too sad, I tried a few games that I have successfully run on this very laptop, like Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age Origins, and Crysis (this was a little choppy on my computer, but I think I finally got it working smoothly), and they said that I would NOT be able to run them (again, b/c of my Video Card). The fact that I ran them just fine makes me hope I can do BFBC2...



How risky is it to buy the game? I don't mind playing on medium settings... graphics aren't the most important thing to me, within reason.



Thanks!Can my PC run Battlefield Bad Company 2?
"Way better than the call of duties in my opinion."

Blasphemy! I spend my entire 2008 playing CoD4. I do not think there's any other single game that I spent more time playing.



Anyway, I checked out the systems requirements and your graphics card is the only think that doesn't meet the minimum specifications. There was a PC beta available in February, but I guess you missed it. I would not be surprised if you can get it to run on your system, however, I strongly doubt it will run well.

No comments:

Post a Comment