Sunday, March 4, 2012

Why is dragon age origins an 18? Would it be embarassing if my Dad was playing it infront of my13 y/o brother?

My dad's getting a new, very powerful PC, and wants a game for Christmas (he's not much of a gamer but used to like Tomb Raider games and similar)



I'm considering Dragon Age Origins but he would be playing it with me (I'm 16) and my 13 year old brother in the room, and it would be awkward if there was intense swearing or a LOT of blood or if 2 people just started getting it on...



Would it be suitable? If not, can you think of any other games that would be?Why is dragon age origins an 18? Would it be embarassing if my Dad was playing it infront of my13 y/o brother?
there's lots and lots and lots of blood in Dragon age, limbs being cleaved off, heads coming off, after a battle, the characters seem as if they've taken a walk through a slaughterhouse. No swearing as I can remember, and the bits about 2 people "getting it on" is basically just two of your characters in a cut scene in their skimpies, then it all fades to black.



Tomb raider anniversary is the best of the new TR offerings, Fallout 3 is great and a good way to show off a new computer, but again, lots of blood (and naughty words). Another good RPG is Elder Scrolls, this looks fantastic on a high end PC
Probably. For Various reasons... Violence, Language, etc. Your companions also make some crude remarks at random, including a bit of innuendo. Sex is involved, either with companions or at the brothels scattered about and can include hetero or homo relationships, even multiple partners... Although the actual act or nudity isn't shown, the video sequences and remarks aren't really suitable for anyone under 18. In all Probability, even if by some low chance you did play it together with your father, your mother wouldn't be too pleased. She would most likely destroy the game and give both of you a long drawn out lecture... The Moral of the story is....It's rated 18+ for a reason...Why is dragon age origins an 18? Would it be embarassing if my Dad was playing it infront of my13 y/o brother?
It is a mature game for mature people. An RPG adventure game. I am sure this game probably has some cussing here and there, and I have "heard" that you can pursue relationships w/ women in the game and maybe have some type of sexual relation but I don't know the extent that it goes to. But yes the game has a lot of blood lol.



All in all, it should be fine.
I personally think that we should learn kids at early age about sex, so I wouldn't mind and it's just a recommendation not a obligation to be 18 to play the game, So it's your choice. I did not find Dragon Age Origins offensive when I played it.Why is dragon age origins an 18? Would it be embarassing if my Dad was playing it infront of my13 y/o brother?
There quite a bit of blood, A lot of violence, you make a lot of decisions such as kill or not kill a civvi etc. My Friend also says that when you become best friends with a girl in your party you get it on. and there is a lot of swearing.
  • pontoon boats
  • broadview security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment